Monday 22 September 2014

Beatles Costume

My kids both do gymnastics and each year they perform in a show to demonstrate what they have been learning.  Each year has a theme, each theme needs translating into an outfit that will also work when doing gymnastics.  It is harder than you would think!

So this year we managed to work out early on that the theme would be Beatles related.  Immediately all I could think of was Sergeant Pepper outfits.  I found a couple of tight tops in bright colours (I made one pink and one blue) and popped to the craft shop for supplies.  I knew I need some trim for the front and different trim for the shoulders.  In my head it was going to be easy.  I already had some beads and buttons at home to complete the look.  Needless to say it wasn't quite as easy as I had imagined!  Nor was it as quick, even when I admitted defeat and used craft glue instead of sewing the second top!

I think they turned out well.  Here is a picture of one of them, not because it was completed first and the second one was only completed the morning of the show, nope, nothing to do with that at all...


No comments:

Post a Comment