Thursday 8 May 2014

Some Easy Birthday Cards

I mentioned here that I have a supply of patterned paper that could do with trimming down a little so I knew from the moment that I saw these on Sum Of Their Stories that I would have to try them soon.

It took me a little longer, because I don't use Windows, so I needed the technical expertise of the Husband to show me where to find some speech bubbles I could use on my computer.  He made it look embarrassingly easy, we used the LibreOffice presentation software and it had the speech bubbles as part of one its menus. I used various fonts, some standard ones, some I'd (ok - the Husband) had downloaded for me over time, and just kept the message to "Happy Birthday".  I do love the idea of personalising them though, and may do that in the future.

Then they wouldn't print for me, the Husband once again saved the day.  I asked what he had done, apparently the same as me (selected a printer and pressed print).  Honestly it is like the technology knows it is me and hides.


At least my laminator loves me, although it can be temperamental with other people!  So the laminating process went smoothly.



After that it was just a matter of sticking and cutting the patterned paper onto the card blanks I had to hand.  I was a little worried they would be too small, but I'm pleased with how they look.  We had to use one immediately because my son was about to attend a party and he hadn't made a card, and didn't want to once he'd seen that there were a few going spare!  So there was another one that isn't photographed.


Such an easy and effective card to make and I really like them.  We'll be using this method a lot in the future I think.


1 comment: