Saturday 8 February 2014

Asymmetrical Crochet Flower Necklace

I was getting an outfit ready for a night out last week, and decided I needed a new necklace to go with it.  I had spotted this on Pinterest recently which advises you on what type of necklace goes with what kind of neckline.  I'd love to say that I followed this, because it seems to have some really great ideas, but I also keep spotting asymmetrical necklaces and loving that look, so that is what I decided to create.


As I could remember seeing a lot of them, I thought that it would be easy to find something that someone had already done and just copy it.  Maybe I was just not typing in the right search terms, but in the end I just decided to go for it and see how it turned out!



I made 3 twisted flowers, of different sizes.  I started with chains of about 35, 27 and 23 - I can't remember exactly.  To make these flowers I follow the below pattern and a 3mm hook. (UK terms)

Chain a length of crochet - depending on how big you want it.
Row 1: Treble crochet into the 3rd stitch from the hook, *chain one, skip one stitch and treble crochet into the next stitch* Repeat until end of row.
Row 2: half treble crochet, 2 treble crochet, half treble crochet and slip stitch into each space until end. 

Leave longish tails, roll the flower up, when you're happy it looks flower like start sewing together.   This pattern was what I could remember of this flower pattern, so it is very similar, but does create a slightly different looking flower.


I had some cord I had bought to make beaded wrap bracelets a while ago, and recently I bought some clasps to go at the end of the cord.  I would like to say I simply threaded the cord through, but I'd sewn up the flowers quite tightly, and so I sort of had to yank it through.  Anyhow I managed to do that and knot either side of the flowers, so that they stayed where I wanted them and then I added the clasps.


I was really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment